Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stolen! :-(

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by jenks3177, May 25, 2005.

1. jenks3177

jenks3177

Apr 20, 2005
    wales - uk
    my bass was stolen this morning! my car got broken into, stole my bass & my amp head! my bass was an aria pro II and i had an SWR 350 head (belongs to my guitarist). im now looking for a new bass. the aria was at a really good price of £215 and it had a beautiful resonant sound. im looking for something thats priced just as nice and is of good quality.

Wondering if you guys had a ny suggestions? Willing to pay a little more if its of a good quality.

once again :bawl: jenks

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sorry to hear that. Instrument theft should be a capital crime! :mad:

3. Sorry to hear of your loss. Can't really help you with a suggestion for a repalcement.

Matthew

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    oh men i feel very bad for you,three years ago my car glass was broken,in only 10 minutes my Fender Jazz American was stolen and never regret to me,is very bad but almost you still alive and you can buy another bass,good luck.

5. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    What about an 80s or late 70s Ibanez Musician? I have two and they are magnificent. Looking around 400 quid on ebay.

6. just as a side note- mind and post the serial numbers so we can see if we can find it online, and remember to check around the music shops etc! :)

7. A few years ago, I had some gear stolen from my car (no music gear, fortunately). As a result, I have learned this very valuable lesson:

NEVER LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR...ESPECIALLY OVERNIGHT!

Lesson #2: Insurance

Lesson #3: Records (serial numbers, photos, etc...)

Lowlife, scumbag thieves don't care who you are or how hard you work for what you have. They see stuff of value, they see an opportunity, and they take it. They just DON'T care.

Be smart, protect your stuff.

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I feel your pain. I had a guitar stolen several years ago.....
    It only takes one complete a-hole to ruin your faith in mankind. Did you have insurance? If so, claim to the max because insurance companies are notorius for trying to reduce claims. I am not familiar with the Aria but will do some research to see what other basses are similar specs-wise.

9. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Sorry for your loss, man. I've lost two basses to theft (one was from my car, too). I know the feeling all too well. :(

Have you posted in the Lost & Stolen Gear section here? [Edit: I see it's now in the correct forum.]

10. hell_yes

hell_yes

May 6, 2005
    Orlando, Fl

i agree