1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

stomp box crossover?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by unclejam, Jun 23, 2007.

1. hello I'm looking for a stomp box cross over. Any body have any suggestions?

2. anybody?

Moog?
    Spanky?
    Bongo?
    MarkJazz?

3. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    ur asking moog? :eyebrow:

4. have you seen all the crap he has?

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265852&highlight=crossover+pedal
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326390&highlight=crossover+pedal

Those are the two best threads I found using a little tool called "search". :p

Anyhow... it looks like Rolls makes a crossover box that's tiny like a pedal, but still isn't one. It seems that other than what you'd find in certain effects pedals like the Peavey BAC-2 chorus, it practically doesn't existin stompbox/pedal form.

Now, in rack form... there's plenty out there, but they're normally reserved for PA use.

Probably the best way to get that crossover/bi-amp effect is through using multiple amps and setting their EQs to be very different - in other words, dialing out the highs on one, and the lows on another, etc.

Many who use two amps will just set up one amp with one particular EQ shape to work best with their effects, and use the other for the perfect clean bass sound.

6. i dont think anyone has actually

7. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    actually, they have. the pics were taken off after a few days, but in the pedalboards thread i posted pictures of everything except for my guitars.

8. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    see the thread about the Pitch Pirate for my response.

9. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Yeah i read it, but it doesnt make any sense as a response to what i said.

10. um i think i just figured out what i need to do.

11. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    whats that?

12. grab another pre amp identical to my current one(Behringer's Bass V-amp Pro)and an A/B/Y box along with a signal booster and adjust to taste.

13. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    That'll work just fine.

Although I wouldn't use Behringer... but you're a hardcore fan of them - I don't think I can stop you :p

14. fixed

15. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    :p

BTW, what about your preamps' outputs? You'll have to mix them using a mixer if you have only one poweramp to work with.

16. 2- 115's
    2-210's
    2 ep1500's
    2 Midi foot controllers
    one big rack and pedal board

17. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Man, you've been ready for bi-amping from the start! :eek:

18. and it's gonna be all Behringer :D

talk about budget rig of doom.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

19. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    thanks for asking for my help. unfortunately i don't even know what crossover is or does.

Markjazz = Mono (in both amps and voice tone, haha, bad joke, sorry)

Luckily Boo knows whats up and answered.:D

20. point made

A cross over separates frequency ranges and relays them to the correct devices.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021