1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Storage in current weather

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by bopeuph, Apr 1, 2009.

1. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I'm in Florida, and the weather isn't yet hot enough to crank on the A/C. Today, it's currently about 75 with a high of 85, and it's 92% humidity. It is raining everyday right now for about an hour. Most of the windows are open in the house, including the room my bass is in.

Should I be concerned for my bass and its storage? Should I put it in a room with a closed window? Should I get a humidifier?

Nick

2. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    What do you think? If your bass is worth lots of $$$$$ then take steps to keep it climate controled. This is a common sense issue.

3. bopeuph

bopeuph

Jul 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I just don't know how much control it needs, how much, etc. Would sticking it in a closed room with a closed window be enough? Stuff like that.

Nick

4. Cody Sisk

Cody Sisk

Jan 26, 2009
    Lilburn, GA
    Ronald Sachs Violins
    Given the high humidity, I'd keep your windows closed up. The AC will remove some of the humidity, but not enough to be concerned about excessive dryness. Keep your bass bagged up when not using it to further stabilize the climate it's exposed to. It's wide variations of temperature and humidity that will pose a threat. As long as they both don't reach extremes and they don't fluctuate too much, you should be fine.