SOLD Strandberg Boden Prog 5!!! Brand New!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MDBass, Apr 19, 2019.

1. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Price:
    Strings:
    I was one of the early adopters of this bass, and as truly excellent as it is I need to free up some cash for other expenses.

These literally became available to the public TODAY, and is listed here at a few hundred dollars less than retail.

Details from the manufacturer:

The natural acoustic character of the Boden Bass Prog is perfectly matched with Nordstrand Big Rig dual coil pickups with offset pole pieces that result in a big multidimensional sound and the onboard Darkglass Tone Capsule preamplifier that exponentially expands the instrument’s tonal possibilities. Although superbly versatile and well-rounded, the Prog 4 and 5 excels the most in a dense mix of aggressive and expansive sounds, whether you are filling up a certain frequency range as part of a bigger whole or when you want to cut through to make your individual musical statement.

What makes it special?

Besides the striking visual design aesthetics and unmatched ergonomic features, the very best materials, components and craftsmanship combine to provide a bass that is easy to play, reduces fatigue for your hands as well as your back, and which produces stunningly clear yet warm organic sounds that will suit virtually any musical genre and style. Acoustically, the Boden Bass Prog is powerful, articulate, punchy and balanced with just the right amount of high-end to cut through the mix and these characteristics are further enhanced and complemented by the highly acclaimed Nordstrand Big Rig dual coil humbucking pickups and the highly-touted and exceptionally versatile Darkglass Tone Capsule 3-band EQ preamp.

Who is it for?

The Boden Bass Prog models are for advanced professional bassists who seek the utmost in playing comfort as well as a wide range of great modern bass sounds that can be used in a variety of professional musical environments, whether that’s a critical time-sensitive recording session or the largest of concert stages in which there is no room for errors. All of the features on the Boden Bass Prog were thoughtfully designed, engineered and implemented with such players in mind – from the premium materials to the scale length of each string and from each component of the hardware to the layout of the controls. The Boden Bass Prog is for the serious bassist who requires a powerful and flexible instrument that sits well in a dense mix and complements heavily overdriven guitar tones as well as expansive keyboard sounds.

49742776_2209685312409233_5386424739109535744_o.jpg

$2800 shipped, includes original box and custom Strandberg gig bag.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    krimo, vep63, Reedt2000 and 6 others like this.
  2. schott1984

schott1984 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Saint John, IN
    More pics?

MDBass likes this.
  3. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Looks cool! 33 to 35 inch scale?

MDBass likes this.
  4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    I can take more, but the instrument is literally as new: it's never left my home studio.

You'd honestly be better off checking out the significantly more professional shots on the Strandberg site ;)

Boden Bass Prog 5 Brown | .strandberg* Guitars

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  5. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yessir.

I would have posted ALL of the specs, but I thought the post was long enough as is ;)

Before the inevitable "how much does it weigh" post comes in though: ~6.5lbs :cool:

6. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    I've got a Strandverg Varberg guitar. OP cannot overstate how ergonomically comfortable this builder is. I haven't tried their basses, but if it's anything like the Varberg... daaaaaamn. GLWTS!

MDBass likes this.
  7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Huntsville
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Oh man, @Fuzzbass and I were just talking about these!

MDBass and Fuzzbass like this.
  8. Spiky_Bassist

Spiky_Bassist Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2017
    NJ, USA
    I am VERY tempted. Was just (barely) talked out of buying one on the site due to needing to pay down bills.

MDBass likes this.
  9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sold pending payment...

10. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Huntsville
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Would love to hear impressions from whoever got this once they receive it!

MDBass likes this.
  11. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    ...not interested in the impressions of the guy who currently owns it and did some of the NAMM demos? ;)

12. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Huntsville
    Of course I am! Loved your videos! How's the neck profile and string spacing?

13. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The neck profile is obviously very unusual.

A handful of people have hated it, but most find it shockingly comfortable: I'm in the latter group.

I'm not a huge stickler for string spacing apart from generally avoiding very narrow spacing, so I couldn't tell you what the measurement is offhand, but it too felt very comfortable.

I can also tell you that Steve Jenkins his Boden Original instead of his custom Brubacker Jazz on the last tour run he did: it's definitely one of the most thoughtfully engineered base that's ever been made.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    MHT75, JGR and whirledpeas like this.