1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

strange bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasperhappy, Oct 1, 2008.

1. jasperhappy

jasperhappy

Oct 1, 2008
    hi folks...would like to introduce myself....my name is jasper and i come from sunny hastings in england where the bass line from "walk on the wild side "was born.....
    could anyone tell me anything abot my bass guitar ..on the head stock it has the motif BOZO enscribed....it is the same motif which is on guitars made by master luthier Bozo Podunavac ...thing is as far as i know he mainly made very ornate acoustic guitars but not electric guitars....i would welcome any info you might have....many thanks.....jasper

2. maybe a pic??

3. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    no pic no basssss :p

4. jasperhappy

jasperhappy

Oct 1, 2008
    not quite sure how to posdt pics on this forum ...perhaps you can help....cheers...jas

5. go here http://www.imageshack.us , search the pic in ur PC and hit the "host it" button. after it's hosted ,copy and paste here the "Hotlink for forums (1)" link.

6. jasperhappy

jasperhappy

Oct 1, 2008
    i've put a picture of the bass on image shack....not quite sur how to do the next bit....could i just email it to you....jasper

7. yes, please. i will post it here.

marius_85ro@yahoo.com

8. jasperhappy

jasperhappy

Oct 1, 2008
    cheers marius ....pictures are on their way....i owe you a pint of guiness....regards....jasper

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    No pix - no BOZO bass LOL

10. jasperhappy

jasperhappy

Oct 1, 2008
    o.k spinal tapper give me your email address and i'll send you some picturers of ths bass.....or do you just like making fun of folks...cheers...jas

11. a lil help for our fellow jasper
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That body style reminds me of early U.S. Kramers, looks sweet though. How's it sound?

13. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I've never seen one of those before. It looks to be well-made. Put 3 more strings on it and tell us how it sounds!

14. :help:i wounder how does it sounds with one string???:ninja:

15. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    That's a sweet lookin' bass...you sure it says Bozo tho? Kinda looks like Iboza, or Ibozo, or Boza

Never heard of it though, string that sucker up and let us know how it sounds!

*btw, wasn't making fun, just wanted to see some sweet pix

16. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Here's a link to some info about the original "Bozo" luthier:

http://www.guitars.net/bozo.htm

My guess is that this bass might have been built by the Japanese company that licensed his name in the 60's/70's.

Here's a closeup of his original headstock logo. How closely does yours resemble this?

Attached Files:

17. jasperhappy

jasperhappy

Oct 1, 2008
    marius ....thanks for that....and thanks all of you have posted...its only got one string as i have only just finished putting on a new bridge and machine heads and cant find the other strings....i am not a bass player but it has a lovely mellow sound almost like an acoustic upright ...if any of you want to hear what it sounds like i can email you a sound clip .....it definately says BOZO and if you check out Bozo Podunavac on the search engine you will see the logo is the same....anyway just off to beddy byes now with a cup of horlicks and a book about donovan.....goodnite all...ZZZZZzzzzzz

18. Oshie

Oshie

Jul 11, 2011
    Hello Jasper, I know this is an old thread but I have only just joined. I owned one of these bases, in fact it was the first bass I owned, I bought it second hand. When I look back it was a well made bass a through neck and nice wood (maple sandwiched between mahogany) especially when you consider I paid just £50 which even in 1985 was cheap. I made a few mods to it including a DiMarzio pick-up which helped the sound a lot. This is the first time I have seen a picture of one since selling mine and moving onto an Ibanez Roadster, enjoy.
    :bassist:

19. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    SD CUrlee import model after they closed down.

20. that bass is a božo i think you will find more info i you tipe in BOŽO insted of bozo
    (its Ž on the headstock not z)