Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Strap Lock Q.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Hello, I just bought strap locks, and well, they dont fit,:meh: the screws are too long, will it do any harm if I drill the hole to make it longer? about 3/4s of an inch.

2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I depends on the bass. Most of the time you can just drill into the same hole but a little deeper. I wouldn't suggest just screwing it in without drilling. Make sure you don't make the hole too wide.

3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Why not use the original screws? If the head is too big, the problem I had with mine, then you can file it down to fit inside the straplock hole. Hope this helps...

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I think the straplock screws are longer and might hold better.
    I think the strap buttons on the straplocks are longer than traditional strap buttons so they will have more leverage to pull out without longer screws.

5. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    I had the same problem. I just screwed them in the rest of the way. No drilling.