1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Strat stolen off stage; The Dear Hunter, 3/28, NYC

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by millahh, Mar 30, 2013.

1. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    Connor Doyle's new black 50's roadworn strat was stolen right off the stage after The Dear Hunter's show 3/29.13 at the Gramercy Theatre in NYC. As things were dispersing after the show, the "fan" went up, grabbed the guitar from it stand (and a setlist), then ran out a side door.

There was a possible sighting later that night, as someone was seen getting off the train at Jamaica with a black guitar and no case.

Any info, contact the band at @therealTDH on twitter. I'm trying to get a partial SN, so I can call around and tip off music stores if someone tries to sell it.

Such a shame...such a great show, and such a great and gracious bunch of guys. And he'd only had it a week...

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Bummer.
    My buddy had the same thing happen to his Strat.

3. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    Well, I got the s/n from the band and subsequently spammed all of the independent shops on LI, as well as the tri-state GC and Sam Ash stores. We'll see what comes of it.

And, if anyone comes across a black roadworn strat with no case and a s/n ending in 880, let me know, or tweet at @therealTDH