1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Streamer Ramp?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockwarnick, Aug 8, 2007.

1. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Im getting a Warwick Streamer Stage II soon and I don't know why but I was wondering what it would be like to have a ramp installed. I've never experienced a ramp but I like the idea of one, especially since I like playing over the pickups for the feel.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but thats the purpose right? To give playing between the pickups a similar feel to playing over the pickups but alowing a wider area to do so. At least that's what I gather.
    Although I doubt it, has anyone done this? More importantly, has anyone done this to a streamer that has a picture of it? Or even a picture of someone else's streamer? In fact, any warwick with a ramp would help. Thanks.

2. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I don't have what you're looking for, but I would do one with double-sided tape to start with. You don't want to drill extra holes in a bass that pricey unless you are sure, no POSITIVE, that you want the ramp.

I think you have the general idea right. Basically, they let you play faster with your fingers as it reduces the space between the strings and the body, allowing your fingers to bounce back or recover faster because they aren't travelling as far.

3. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Cool. that's what I figured. Yea that would be a good idea to tape it first. I dont like the idea of drilling either...I dont think I will. I think I just wanted to see if anyone has done it.

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL