1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Streamliner 900 DI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by azbazz, Jun 4, 2012.

1. azbazz

azbazz

Mar 13, 2006
    Arizona
    I noticed on my Streamliner 900 that when the DI switch is in the PRE position the DI signal to the board seems adequate however when I move the switch to the POST position the DI signal to the board is significantly reduced to where I have to really dig in (for me) to get a signal to the board. Is this normal or do I have a DI issue?

Thanks

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    What's your gain knob set at? Your DI volume is controlled by the gain knob.

3. Even post EQ? That doesn't sound right to me. Surely the gain knob is the first stage of the preamp and all the EQ folllows on from there until the post EQ DI gets a sniff?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Oh yeah, you're right. The gain would affect it whether it's pre or post. I better hush and let Andy handle it ;)

5. 1n3

1n3

Sep 13, 2007
    USA
    Doing a lot of cutting with your EQ?

6. Even weirder, you'd think the "post EQ" would generally be hotter than anything that was taken straight off the instrument. Maybe the post EQ assumes the user is going for tubey distortion and knocks it down so clean signals suffer? What says the Aged Horse?

7. isn't the "pre" signal tapped off before the gain control, that way it is a straight balanced signal from your bass?

The post signal is probably after the gain and has a pad on it, so if you use very little gain it will probably be softer in comparison...

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    So I was right the first time? Dang, how did I let a kiwi make me doubt myself?

:D

9. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Do you have the "line/mic" switch in the correct position? Try flipping it to the other one. I forget which is hotter ATM, but that will make a HUGE difference in your signal strength.

10. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Line signal should be hotter.

11. azbazz

azbazz

Mar 13, 2006
    Arizona
    Good questions....set up as follows

Gain at 12:00
    Volume at 12:00
    Switch at Line (although I tried both positions and there was no difference)
    Sadowsky RV5 in active mode

I did disconnect from the amp and plugged directly into a mic and there was do difference in levels when switched to mic or line.

Trying to understand what is going on or is it correct to have a very low signal in the post position?

Thanks

12. Paging Aged Horse

13. Still paging agedhorse!