1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

String spacing Vox Clubman Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shedman2401, May 13, 2011.

1. Shedman2401

Shedman2401

May 1, 2011
    I am restoring one but the bridge is missing. Can anyone help me with dimensions of the bridge and saddles, string spacing, etc? Best Don

2. farfisa68

farfisa68

Jun 27, 2011
    Hi, I've got one that I've been restoring for about a thousand years. The bridge assembly is extremely primitive but I can send you pics, measurements if you like - I'd recommend getting a different bridge bur I guess you're already there in your thinking. Would post a pic here but am new to the forum so .... other bass is an "old" Fernandes The Revival but I'm a guitarist and keyboard player so ... and the Fernandes is fab, as good as any new P Bass I've played in shops, maybe wants pick ups beefed up a bit. Good luck with the Clubman, I had to strip mine (had it since the mid 70's) as the body was stoved in and the paint had clouded badly - but the grain opens up every time I try (I've tried every grain filler known and ended up using car filler) so I've had to discard some near perfect finishes. Bummer, but it's only plywood after all