1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strings metallic sound.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SenorCuba, Apr 18, 2010.

1. SenorCuba

SenorCuba

Apr 18, 2010
    Miami
    Whats up, im pretty new at bass and i have a couple of questions about a problem im having with my bass. I bought a bass about three days ago and it was playing bass normally, but when i started playing today i noticed a metallic sound when the strings hit the frets. Its really low on the other strings except my A string where its the loudest.

1) is this metallic sound when the string hit the frets normal? I did not have this sound yesterday.

2) if its not normal, then how can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

2. TIMD

TIMD

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston
    I'm Guessing your talking about fret buzz. If your new to bass take it to a shop and have a proper setup done. Later on you will be able to adjust the action yourself but have a pro do it for now.

3. SenorCuba

SenorCuba

Apr 18, 2010
    Miami
    Yeah, i think that's what it is. Ill try to get it to a shop as soon as i can,Thanks.