1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Strymon Effects!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by savinggrace, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Here is a new effects company that has seriously peaked my interest.

http://www.strymon.net/

Strymon is the only newer effects company where I am very interested in the majority of their line (as opposed to the usual one or two pedals from a company)

Has anyone tried any of the Strymon pedals yet?

2. I've been reading about these over on TGP, they look great. They sound pretty good too!

I want the flanger, shame it's so expensive :meh:

3. Morrog

Morrog

Mar 16, 2008
    sounds very interesting indeed. i wonder how do work with bass.

4. Yeah, they've really been going nuts over them at TGP. I can tell you that Strymon is made by the guys at Damage Control. The flanger really does look awesome.

5. Morrog

Morrog

Mar 16, 2008
    damage control? then the price is somewhat ok :p but seriously. i like their ideas. sort of reminds me of TC but in a classy package.

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Very cool looking, but also pricey.

7. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Very interesting. They have a mod for the OB.1 Compressor to make it better for bass. I sent some email asking for details and will share when I hear something.

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anyone have a chance to check out some Strymon effects for bass? The sound clips sound amazing.

9. Yes, I am a big fan of their effects.

10. Shish

Shish

Sep 17, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    i have brigadier and el capo for a couple of days. they are really good.

11. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I've owned the BlueSky Reverb for a few months now. It's amazing. Ended my search for reverb.

12. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I've avoided their website completely. Their pedals are gorgeous and the quality of both build and sound is amazing, but I simply cannot afford their gear. I WOULD go into debt.

13. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I have a Blue Sky on the way... Might consider the Timeline when it comes out, but I think the Eventide Time Factor will keep me covered as far as delay.

14. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I really want the Blue Sky...of course when I started watching more of the vids on their website I wanted more....but I'll get the Blue Sky eventually for sure.

15. i would gladly trade that "favorite" setting saving switch on the flanger for a tap tempo switch and be oh so happy. i think that minor detail just saved me a few hundred. it still looks friggin cool though.

tap tempo flangers seem to be few and far between. i wonder why this is. phasers are starting to get on board. for any builders reading this: tt flanger! hint hint hint!

16. Jeffrey Wash

Jeffrey Wash Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Santa Cruz
    I have the Blue Sky. A gorgeous sound, mono or stereo, and having dedicated pre-delay and low damp controls makes it especially suitable for the bass since you can use generous amounts of verb while at the same time retaining the articulation of your bass notes (it doesn't get muddy as the verb is generated).

It's my favorite pedal on my pedalboard.

17. over_the_moon

over_the_moon Guest

Jan 19, 2010
    I have a Brigadier and I really really like it. I want an El Capistan, a Blue Sky, and maybe a Lex. And while I'm dreaming, let's throw in some cash to pay for all of that.

18. I managed to pick up the flanger on sale locally in Aus last year and find it to be a really high quality modulation pedal. I think tap tempo would be cool - though you can control any of the parameters externally via a footswitch. OTOH I do like having the option of switching between a crazy flutter type linear flange on one channel and a deep, lush, slow through zero type flange on the favorite channel:cool:

I agree more standalone TT flangers would be cool though!

19. ReBass

ReBass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    I have a Blue Sky and an El Capistan. The BS is a great reverb pedal and the "Shimmer" setting is a very light and usable chorus effect. Very cool.

The El Capistan is the best delay I've ever had the pleasure of using. Easily the most "musical" pedal I own.

20. reddi

reddi

Jan 7, 2010
    Subscribed, they look super sweet.