1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Study at SUNY Stony Brook!

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by Blakewdm, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Blakewdm

Blakewdm

Jun 17, 2008
    Hello! My name is Blake Hinson, and I am Assistant Principal Bass of the New York Philharmonic.
    I am messaging because I have a true love of teaching and would love to share it with you!
    At Stony Brook University, the sky is the limit on what you can accomplish. Beginning this last semester, I have incorporated an Orchestral Repertoire class/ Masterclass that has been going great! We have been working on the latest New World Symphony list and will be having a Masterclass with Orin O'Brien this coming January.

The program has an emphasis on Masters and Doctoral Degrees, which allows for freedom! Every student is different, and I take it as a point of pride to be able to adapt to each students specific interests and desires. I would highly recommend applying for the program A.S.A.P!

Graduate Performance Auditions

If you have any questions about the program, please email me at
    Blake.hinson@stonybrook.edu

Happy Holidays!
    -Blake Hinson

ifg and GKon like this.
  2. PenguinsFan

PenguinsFan

Oct 24, 2016
    Owen Lee made a similar post a year or two ago about the school that he teaches at, and they shut him down.
    I don't know exactly what the rules are, but I hope they let you keep this up.
    If I were 10 years younger I'd be applying to SUNY Stony Brook..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016