1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Stunning FODERA's (All made in Brooklyn, USA)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tonyespinoza, Sep 23, 2017.

1. tonyespinoza

tonyespinoza Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Price:
    Strings:
    Please PM all questions and offers.

Blue Monarch 5 Custom - Rare Color & Scale - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    - Translucent Blue / Flame Maple Top / Alder / Birdseye on 3 piece Maple neck
    - Plays like butter with 33" scale, 17.5mm spacing, setup B - G
    - Born in 2016. Newborn page here. Previous listing here.
    - Set up to run in passive parallel or serial, single or dual. (Original owner dropped the preamp to lower the weight.)
    - 9 lb
    - New this bass was $10,150.00 ($7550+ $1000 paint, $500 birdseye + $500 thick acryic guard, $600 for dual coils)

IMG_7731.JPG
    IMG_8063.JPG IMG_8064.JPG IMG_8066.JPG IMG_7731.JPG IMG_7732.JPG (see newborn page for more pics)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    BassQ, Alphaman, AztecViking and 5 others like this.
  2. RHA III

RHA III Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2012
    OR
    :wideyed:

3. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    You missed one... FREE (I wish)... drool

4. poyeeyancy

poyeeyancy

Feb 5, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Good lord that blue one is INSANE

5. tonyespinoza

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    thanks for the kind words. it sounds and plays as good as it looks.

i will miss it (and still not sure i can let it go) since i know i'll never find another 33" with alder/birdseye. most 33" are MG style elites and great for jazz but not what i would generally want for rock or other stuff. the truth is, this one can do it all although admittedly if you solo or chord a lot at the 24th fret, the MG would be nicer since it has 26 frets and the elite cut-away. :)

barrybass33 likes this.
  6. xabicho

xabicho Gold Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    I can give my testimony, the bass belonged to a friend of mine he brought it one day and I had the pleasure to play that Blue Lady. Great definition all around with a solid B string. Very comfortable to play, at that time the bass had the preamp and either on passive or active mode the bass was punchy. Whoever gets this Lady will be happy with the comfort of the 33" scale.

7. tonyespinoza

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    thanks for sharing your experience, xabicho.

not only is the B string huge, but the higher strings also have a sweetness i don't hear in my 34" fodera's with the same wood combo due to the shorter scale. i find the neck pickup more usable on it's own than on any other Fodera I've owned, which is weird and i'm not sure why. the bridge pup of course does that dual coil (or coil tapped) burpy thing well.

btw - i would be happy to have fodera reinstall the preamp if that's important to the new owner.

8. tonyespinoza

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Added some more pics of the Blue Monarch 5. It's really hard to photograph, but every time I open the case I am amazed. The translucent blue finish does this cool thing on the alder body wood where it goes blue-green which sets off the blue flame maple on front really nicely without looking hokey. Stunning.

IMG_8063.JPG IMG_8064.JPG IMG_8066.JPG IMG_8067.JPG

bassmanbrent likes this.
  9. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    As a previous owner, I can attest that the Emperor 4 Deluxe with the Koa top is a killer bass! Someone will be very happy with it. The others look great too. GLWTS Tony!

HawgDriver and tonyespinoza like this.
  10. WorktheWood

WorktheWood Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Let me add that I was the original owner of the Emperor Standard Special and will confirm that it's extremely rare as it's the only one out there with that spec. Also, it is a killer bass and sounds huge!

tonyespinoza likes this.
  11. BassQ

BassQ Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Boston, MA.
    You're killing me with that Buckeye Burl Emperor 5 and the 22 fret length is IMO just right!