1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Subterranea settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eddododo, Oct 31, 2013.

1. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    By popular demand, a settings thread :)

Ill keep mine simple first-

My goto:
    Octsyn triangle around noon, clean octave at 8, and justa pinch of clean in there

I find that what makes this shine is putting a filter after it- envelopes are great, but I'm talking more about a fixed filter, band pass, lowpass especially.

Im prototyping a versatile fixedfilter specifically for the SubT and fuzzes, but until then try out your envelope filters with it- does sound good as hell swept, but if you have a way to keep the filter from sweeping, i.e. bottom out the sensitivity, check the sounds of this a lot of good s*** to be had in there . hey even a versatile powerful EQ after it would be good

this is all because I love the fat bottomed this of the active sense but I just find the highs a little too aggressive on some of the waveforms, especially if it isn't mid heavy song with a full band kickin.. using some tonal shaping to tame the subterranea will make this panel even more of an epic success than we originally thought

karstetterpj likes this.
  2. eddododo

Apr 7, 2010
    additionally- the same way that a scooped mid bass can get lost in the mix, I would say that in a heavy context a lot of the open highs of the subterranea are absolutely necessary to have some presence with your fat bottom.

I guess my posts were more about my findings than my actual knob settings but I figured it was a good jumping-off point for those of you looking for a way to really make the subterranea work for YOU

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Indeed it was, thanks for the insight. I'm anxious to see what some are setting there's at. Like I said in the other thread, I'm having some finding a setting that really works for me. The pedal was WAY hot before the mod but now that I got it back it's almost too tame now. I think it's just that I'm afraid to crank the knobs to high because before it didn't take much at all. The wave forms are something I'm having trouble settling on too, there are tons of sounds in this box.

4. eddododo

Apr 7, 2010
    if I'm honest, and I was trying to leave this idea alone until someone else said something but... ever since I got it back I did find that at least in the living room setting the octasynth waveform seemed a little... different.. airy-er..though I may have just gotten used to it going through various filters and such. I wish I had recorded a before and after

I haven't gotten to reintroduce it into live music yet unfortunately..

5. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Would love to HEAR some of these settings...I promise to post some when I get mine

6. My favorite tones with it are always in conjunction with other pedals. The fattest synthiest nastiest tones ever come from the SubT into a Xero parallel blended with a Density Hulk. It's pure brown note.

7. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    Uh oh. More GAS.

8. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Bumping it! Post those settings!

9. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Eleven months later, anyone have some new input?