1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

suggestions for a new bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mart356, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mart356

mart356

Feb 16, 2008
    im 14 and have been playin bass for 5/6 months. the bass i have at the moment was just a cheap starter bass and isnt that good a quality, ive come on leaps and bounds and can play some slap & pop, but i mainly play finger style. have nay of you got any suggestions for a bass no more than £200 that is good looking and plays well with fingers. thanks for any help.

2. which bass do you have now?

3. tom e smith

tom e smith

Jan 27, 2008
    You should consider buying a used bass. There are a lot of good deals out there in your price range and if you decided to upgrade from there, you could probabaly use this one as a good back up bass. IMHO

4. There are indeed so many options for low-end bass guitars that play good, too: SX, Squier, Ibanez, Yamaha. Go to a nearest decent store and check out the bass guitars. It's not like 20 years ago, a cheap bass was indeed cheap and hard to play.

5. doktersprode

doktersprode

Jul 1, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I agree with Reynolds. I'm 14 as well, and just got a new bass as a step up from a starter. Essex basses are a great deal for the sound, but if you can get an expensive bass used, that is your best bet. I personally was lucky enough to get a mint 2006 MIM Fender with MIA pups off eBay for $300. Look around at SX basses (http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars4.html) and try local shops that carry good used basses. (www.bassemporium.com)

:bassist:

6. Tripple x

Tripple x

Jul 15, 2008
    Montreal
    look up on the net, Washburn T-14 or a T-24,,great bang for the buck !!

7. Yes, which bass do you have now? What kind of money do you want to spend? Since, you haven't mentioned it I'll suggest a Fender Precision or Jazz Bass - Squier, MIM, MIA whatever you can afford you can't go wrong. It'll be a bass you can keep a lifetime. Presently I own a 08' MIA Fender Jazz V and a Squier FVM Fretless w/Bartolini 9J1's, both are excellent sounding and playing instruments.;)

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021