1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

suggestions for a wireless system???

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by pbass79cam, Apr 20, 2009.

1. pbass79cam

pbass79cam

Jun 24, 2008
    i have been against getting a wireless for a long time, due to hearing things like it takes our some important bass frequencies and such. well, as of late, i have realized that there must be a system out there that is suitable enough for bass. i move and jump around a lot so it would help me tremendously. any suggestions, links to reviews, and etc would be helpful. looking for something 100-200, but all suggestions are helpfull. thanks TB! :D

2. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    :help:
    I've used a Sampson stage 22 VHF wireless for years, and yes it does provide, accidentally of course, some compression, which isn't a bad thing. As for missing freq's, well none that I've ever heard, or not heard as the case may be, nor have been reported by fellow band mates or audience members.
    Hope this helps
    PS watch out for stage front monitors, now that you're no longer 'leashed' to the rig a whole new world of problems are about to surface

3. dbassman59

dbassman59

Dec 19, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Here's what I use
    http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1600&brandID=1

This little system cost about $200 and works great. I really like it.

The transmitter unit is powered by a single AAA battery that will easily last a gig ... maybe 2 -3 gigs. I just went to Coscto and a bought a 24 pack of these batteries for $11.00. They'll last a long time.

The receiver is powered by a 9 volt and also lasts a long time ... but I use the the power adapter with it.

It is very easy to use, reliable. As far as tone loss is concerned I've never noticed much ... it sounds like 99/100 compared to a chord ... a very small sacrifice to make for stage freedom ...

So if you want something inexpensive to buy and too run ... I would recommend you check it out ...

The receiver

4. pbass79cam

pbass79cam

Jun 24, 2008
    thanks guys, ill check them out. :D

5. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    X2 Wireless is the wireless that actually made me a wireless guy. All the other ones I've ever tried in that price range were like cheap toys that sounded terrible. The X2 is good, and I suspect you will find tons of agreement here.

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Another X2 fan here - I've got 14 months of gigging on my XDR-95, and it's still performing at 100%... It cost more than $200, though - but I consider it money well spent...

- georgestrings

7. thebutangjedi

thebutangjedi

Sep 16, 2008
    I use this system as well on bigger stages. It works well and the range is fantastic. I can't hear any difference between cable/wireless with the X2

8. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've heard great things about X2, and if I were buying a new one, that'd be my choice.

I chanced upon a Shure PG14 for a song on craigslist, and I love it. Amazing battery life and not a lot of tone-sucking, certainly nothing that can't be compensated.

9. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    X2