Suggestions on which amp?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by amroach, Sep 10, 2010.

1. amroach

amroach

Feb 11, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    At the moment i have An Ashdown MAG 300 with 4x10 and 1x15 cabs sat in my house taking up space and not being used, due the fact i have an Ampeg set up for gigging and recording with (bass guitar).

So i think it's time to sell it and get a small combo, that i will use for practicing Bass guitar at home with and for some double bass gigs.

I am looking at Phil Jones: Briefcase and Flight Case, I have briefly tried the Briefcase and was very impressed with it, but does anyone know if it's worth the extra money and buying the Flightcase?

My third option: my double bass teacher will be selling his AER Bass Cube for About £500 which sounds like a nice offer but i am under the impression it will not bass guitar that well.

So can anyone provide me with any info and experience?

What would you get?

The Briefcase?
    The Flightcase?
    The BassCube?

Thanks
    Amroach

2. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    If you can afford, go for AER!

3. My experience with the PJB Briefcase is that it is a beautiful sounding amp for both slab and DB that is just not loud enough.

Go for the flightcase or the AER. Try your teachers AER with your porkchop.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021