Sunburst Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moshspeggeti, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Mar 24-19-1.JPG

The latest batch of SB's.

TD

B-Mac likes this.
  2. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Numbers or not - I'm in. Here is my Highway One. I have already posted my 2 jazz basses on the Sunburst Jazz page.

20201012_171219.jpg

B-Mac likes this.
  3. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Hey this is a Sunburst bass page - so I'll post the jazz basses here also.

jazz.jpg

B-Mac likes this.
  4. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Some very nice sunburst basses, but there's a few that I would refer to as tobacco burst, which are also very nice. I always thought that a black to yellowish natural finish without the red and/or orange transition was tobacco burst. Is that a wrong assumption on my part? Not trolling, I just want to know. Thanks.

Shannon likes this.
  5. B-Mac

My latest sunburst from the fine people at Rondo Music. A SX Short Scale P/J 92408282-2CCE-421C-A346-D1A96D187B38.jpeg

6. B-Mac

Dean Hillsboro P/J
    IMG_7221.JPG Ibanez SRF700 Portamento
    r0wrivxqfiy2tzog85f4_wdp.jpg
    Peavey T-40
    peb3dxz8dkdt5zgtah4n.jpg
    Peavey T-45
    catxgktrvzklqeaozfku.jpg Stagg Dreadnought Short Scale ABG
    a7od58clztzspyp79ibq.jpg

Malak the Mad and Shannon like this.
  7. Hopefully this allows me membership here?
    20200924_124518 (2).jpg

shojii and B-Mac like this.
  8. Shannon

Shannon

Sep 17, 2016
    in back.
    This. I like this.

B-Mac likes this.
  9. Shannon

Shannon

Sep 17, 2016
    in back.
    Hopefully soon, I will have pics of my second 'burst bass. It is scheduled to arrive just after Thanksgiving weekend.

10. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Burst + white/cream pickups is the combo for me.

20201107_082051.jpg

11. JohnnyGringo

JohnnyGringo Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Ravenna, Ohio
    Here’s my recently acquired (from fellow TB’er Sirfishalot) Sunburst Carvin Bunny Brunel Jazz Bass...really diggin’ it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  12. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I may not have that particular '70s reissue body anymore (no way I was going to give up that fantastic neck, thoughyou betcha!), but I now have this lovely parts-bass to fill that hole in my collection. It's one of the best performing Projekts I've ever put together when it comes to both "feel" and "sound". :D Plus, if I may say so, it ain't too shabby in the looks department! :cool: :smug:

SftnuoC.jpg

bpc and dabbler like this.
  13. B-Mac

Nice...
    That’s a Cherry Burst

14. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Me likey!

IMGP5212a.JPG

Malak the Mad likes this.
  15. Malak the Mad

Same to you! The S/MM four-banger is quite intriguing (I have a similar Projekt running around in the back of my brain) and the grain on the fiver is oh-so tasty! :drool:

16. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Yeah, about that one. I'm really a J kinda guy and I add a series/parallel mod to all m
    Yeah, a little background on that one: I am really a straight Jazz bass kinda guy. But that one showed up at a nice price, so I jumped on it. I decided I wanted to split the bridge pup so I could get regular J tones. I put in a mod using switch pots on the bridge volume and the master tone control that allows me to choose either coil, or both in series or in parallel. I put a series/parallel mod on my main J's I so I also added the ability to put whatever mode the bridge pup is in in series with the neck pup using a switchpot on the neck volume pot.

Very versatile. And the abiity to choose either of the bridge pup coils allows me to approximate tones from a J with 60s or 70s spaced pups!

Malak the Mad likes this.
  17. Malak the Mad

That all sounds fantastic…kinda like having a jukebox with hundreds of songs in it! So many sounds to choose from with a simple flick of a switch or two! :thumbsup:

I can't remember if you were part of the conversation, but I was discussing the possibility of doing something similar to that last year. It involved which placement I would use for a particular Wilkinson Platinum pickup. I'd have to dig up the specifics, but I'm pretty sure I had decided to place the rear coil was in the '70s-Jazz position with a three-way switch to go between front-coil, humbucker/series (not sure yet) and rear-coil. AxLvOTH.gif

PR4751BI10694_WJM_WILKINSON_PLATINUM_SERIES_WJM_BASS_PICK_UP_IMD.jpg

dabbler likes this.
  18. Shannon

Shannon

Sep 17, 2016
    in back.
    And now for something completely different!

20201128_110117.jpg

19. InnerBass

InnerBass Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Thumpn' Happily
    1FA18BEE-C419-4087-AAFC-3F5E8D702E44.jpeg

Malak the Mad and Shannon like this.
  20. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    eb-5-1.jpg

Shannon likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021