1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sunn 215 Cab with Peavey Black Widows

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ShaneF, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    Hey everyone. My guitar player is trying to sell off what is left of his old bass rig to fund some new gear. He has an old Sunn 215 cab with two Peavey Black Widows in it. We just wanted to make sure we had the correct power rating and impedance of the cab before we posted it up for sale. I'm assuming it's 4 ohms, like most other 215's are but I could be wrong. No clue on the wattage. Thanks for the help!

2. GtenderG

GtenderG

Feb 29, 2008
    You can't assume that it's a 4 ohm cab. If the the 2 BW speakers are 16 ohm that would mean the cab is 8 ohm. You'll need to take at the speaker. If there is no model number visible you could use a Multi meter.

ShaneF likes this.
  3. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    yeah we didn't see anything really specified on them. I'll take a look and see if there's a model number to look up. thanks!

4. Sunn 215... drool

Black Widows... drool

Sunn 215 with Black Widows... drooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrool

ShaneF likes this.