sunn concert lead+SVT 2 pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkrockmike, Nov 10, 2011.

1. has anybody ever tried running a sunn concert lead through an svt 2 pro? or run any sunn head with an ampeg head? i really like the distortion from old sunn amps, and was just wondering what it would sound like to run one with my 2 pro.

2. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

You mean using the preamp from the Sunn and the power amp of the SVT?

Seems like an odd (and extremely heavy) setup, but you could try it, provided a couple conditions were satisfied:

1. You have a 4 ohm cab to plug the SVT's speaker outputs into, and
    2. The Sunn has a preamp out jack.

But it may well sound interesting.

3. alright cool thanks man. i have an 810e, so that would work. why would it have to be 4ohms tho? the svt can do either four or two... would that change if i ran both at the same time? and i was thinking more along the lines of one of the old solid state sunns instead of the tube driven ones. i love the tone of the concert bass heads. just not sure how they would sound together.

4. hulchihulch

hulchihulch

Jan 20, 2007
    Richmond, VA.
    Go on... I'm curious?

5. and yea, sartori, the sunn has a power amp in and a preamp out.

6. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Yeah, I know you meant the solid state ones, as if you meant the tube ones, you'd need a cab for the Sunn as well.

Why did I just say 4 ohm? Because while the SVT can do 4 ohms and 2 ohms, there are hardly any 2 ohm bass cabs out there. I just figured it was highly unlikely that you had one of the very few that exist.

If the Sunn has a preamp out... just connect it to the power amp in on the SVT and try it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021