Sustain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rymiraflores, Jan 23, 2009.

1. rymiraflores

rymiraflores

Jan 17, 2009
    Is there a good effect for good sustain and a little overdrive?
    :hyper:

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Most overdrives add a bit of sustain, because overdrive and other forms of distortion all compress the signal a bit. There are dozens of good overdrives, at prices from $40 USD to $400 USD, so you'll want to do a search on that.

3. I would start by looking at the sansamp. It can be used in the effects loop or as a stomp box. I can get some pretty nice sustain out of little more than my SA and a mackie power amp.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    compressors, by their nature, add sustain... But you will get the effect you are looking for with a tube amp, I think. A bit of grind and a more mellow attack/release is what a tube power amp is all about.

5. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    i use a Pigtronix Attack Sustain pedal.

Awesome pedal! Versatile and fun to use. FWIW, sustain pedals tend to get noisy fast, but this one isn't so bad. Use this with a Boss NS-2 or ISP Decimator and ur golden! It also offers a harmonic overdrive, which blends in a layer of OD to your signal. You can also get light compression, stuttering fx, etc.. try one out

6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Compressor w/ adjustable sustain (rifle through Bongo's comp megathread).

I am a Big Muff person, so you can get sustain for days on most models...

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Fitting a Badass bridge or similar can increase sustain, and if you wanna get infinite sustain check out an Ebow or fit a Sustainiac!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021