1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 1540he Horn trouble

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wrdaugherty, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Wrdaugherty

Wrdaugherty

Feb 9, 2008
    Hey, everyone, I'm a new guy. This site is seriously awesome.

I just bought an Ampeg SVT 1540HE cab for 400 bucks. It love the sound. I fear for my back.

I took it home and realized the horn in the center of the 410's doesn't work. I was okay with that (a little upset it wasn't 100% functional) because the sound was pretty great without it. Then, the horn decided to try to start working. It crackles, mostly at high volume. I'm fiddled with it, took it out, unplugged it, plugged it back in, and it's now back to not working (and therefore not crackling). I'm happy with that. I'd like to take it out entirely, but I'm wondering if that will do anything to change the ohm rating. I've looked up as many threads as I could find on the 1540, but no mention of the horn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a lot,
    Will