SVT2PRO Troubles!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pbass64, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Fan not working possibly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Please help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Had a great session last night with the band, half way through the night, the amp had no sound, so I look at it and all the lights are out, stand by etc. Look on the back and the tubes still seem to be lit up. Still not sure what was happening my guitar player says you have lights on again. I'm thinking maybe the fan in the amp it's self quit working, is this a problem with the SVT2PRO? Could have fried an egg on the top of that head last night. Haven't been on the site for some time, going to take some getting used to the new format. Take care everyone. Good to be chatting again with ya's.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Could be the fan not working. Really hard to diagnose without taking a look at it, though, at least for me. But that makes sense since I'm not a tech ;)

3. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    That is a bit puzzling. No lights would suggest that the 15V supply isn't working, but there isn't an over heat cutoff for it that doesn't also affect the filaments.

It suggests a possible intermittent connection somewhere inside.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021