Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Switching compressor off?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Berten, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    I don't understand the use of compressor stompboxes? I use my compressor all the time. I don't switch it off. If people use a compressor stompbox and switch it on and off during song, why do you do it??

Just wondering....

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    My compressor (EBS MultiComp) stomp box is always on. I just didn't want to have to use another rack space for a compressor, although I do lust after the Rane DC 24 every once in a while.

3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    dave if I had a penny for eveything you lust for, I would have the most impresive pedal board in the freaking known universe!.. Hey have you got you 250 yet??..

Alex

4. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    SMASH,

Did your Black finger and Keeley ever come in? If so, what do you think?

Matt

5. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I have a DBX 160A in the rack and an Analogman Bi-Compressor in the pedal board. The 160A is often set for light limiting. It is always on. The the pedal compressor is turned on for effect. The Ross-side has smooth, sustained, bright sound. Works great with other effects. The Orange-squeeze sound is similar in sound to an LA-2A circuit. Very squishy with old school roundness.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yeah, I got it last week. Been running about like mad, haven't had a chance to use it much. But it sounds pretty cool so far, definitely worth keeping round in the collection :cool: