SWR Blonde

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ee-san, Feb 15, 2005.

1. I saw Reuben Rogers with Dianne Reeves last night at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. Rogers was using an SWR blonde for DB amplification. He also had some sort of small box, as in pre-amp or effects box, but I was too far away to see the small box or the pickup arrangement. Overall sound was very good from my position. Anyone else use this amp? I didn't know they were compatible with bass.
  2. I use an SWR Blonde and it is great. I use the extension speaker as the amp so I don't have to go through the actuall SWR amp. Then I use a SansAmp Bass Driver for my actuall amp. It is pretty small bout the size of of a small book and its great. I'm really like the sound and would recomend it.
  3. jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    I have used an SWR California Blonde for the last 6 or 7 years. Being an acoustic amp it doesn't seem to color the sound as much as the run of the mill BG amps. The 12" speaker does tend to muddy up the lows at very high volumes. It's rated at 120 Watts, but will put out more volume than I have ever needed. Overall, I have been quite happy with mine, although, at $1200, I think it is a bit pricey.

Jim Lownds