1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR Megoliath Supplied Speaker cable Wiring?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wrex, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Wrex

Wrex

Mar 23, 2010
    I'm not sure where to post this so here's a long shot.

I have an Ampeg SVT-4Pro head running through an SWR Megoliath 8x10 that I thought I was running mono bridged for about 5 years now. I just recently realized that you had to modify and adjust the wires in the speakon from -1 to +2 to run mono bridged. I'm was using an aftermarket speakon cable along with the supplied cable that came with the Megoliath.

When I went to modify the after market cable I wasn't able to get the blue piece of the cable off so I decided to check out the SWR cable. When I was trying to get the black cover off of the speakon cable, I ended up yanking the wires out of the housing.

After this I was unable to get Black part of the housing apart to screw the wires back in or to see how it was wired. So I just placed the wires back in and put the housing back together and it still works. But now I don't trust the cable since the wires are no longer screwed into the housing.

My question is how is the SWR speakon cable wired? So when I replace the cable I'll know if I have to modify the new cable or just leave it how it is stock.

Thanks in advanced