SX Ursa 1 JR Bass Pickguard?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TIMDETROIT, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TIMDETROIT

TIMDETROIT

Jul 19, 2011
    Anyone yet find a source of replacement pickguards for SX basses? I've researched online to no avail. Please don't recommend a site unless you KNOW they stock them. Or a reasonable copy builder? I may have to paint this white one black. Why SX doesn't offer replacements is stupefyingly short-sighted. Thanx!
    URSA 1 JR MN CAR 3.20.17 (2).jpg

2. NoBlackTShirts

NoBlackTShirts

Feb 23, 2010
    There's no reason that SX has to make different parts if only one person ever asked for one. Or two or three. They do us plenty of favors already.

There are router bits with a ball bearing on the end so you can trace your pickguard while cutting a new one. I've done a bunch of those. And you can use any flat material you want.

Warhawk likes this.
  3. TIMDETROIT

TIMDETROIT

Jul 19, 2011

4. TIMDETROIT

TIMDETROIT

Jul 19, 2011
    Some are willing to help, others are not. Anyone else want to wag a finger at me? If SX sells a product, they should be willing to back it up. After all, they have what I (and others) may need in the same factory the bass came from...yes? If I knew the location in China, I'd order it direct.

5. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Sounds like custom is the only way to go. Or, you could buy the SX with the pickguard you want and swap the two.

From everything that I read, Rondo stands behind their products as well as anyone, I have a MUCH more expensive bass I can't get a part for, what's a boy to do...

Warhawk likes this.
  6. Warhawk

Warhawk Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    South of Heaven, Ohio
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022