1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Syncing Cover Video With Song

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Pokerdweebz, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Pokerdweebz

Pokerdweebz

Oct 26, 2012
    Lititz, PA
    My girlfriend wants to do vocal cover videos and I want bass cover videos to put on youtube. I'll tell you what I do and you can tell me if there is something I should be doing or if I'm not even in the ballpark.

Mic --> Mixer --> Audio Interface --> Computer

Record the video with my webcam getting the sound from the Audio Interface while playing the song relatively low in the background.

Open the video in video editing software (Magix basic) and put the song as the background MP3.

The problem is I either have to start the song or the video before the other so syncing is an issue. Unless I am completely stupid I can't find an option on Magix basic version to offset the video or MP3. The only thing I can think of doing is starting the MP3 before the video when recording and then offset using a title page.

HELP :crying: