Synth pedals.... again

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chris_AtariDoll, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    I'm looking for a synth pedal that can store settings.. i know about the deep impact and the korg g5... but is there anything out there i can buy new that will do the job. I need to store 3 setting for use in our current set.

i've been offered a Boss me-8b at a very nice price... is it worth buying just for the synth fx.
  2. Uh... yeah, the Deep Impact is the only thing still on market that tailors to that without being midi or a multieffect.

You could alway buy the Boss and have some electrician mod it for multiples. (Little secret I found out, digital pedals are best sent off to electricians for moding.)
  3. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    i thought the deep impact had been discontinued? if not... where can i get one?

the boss me-8b is a multi-fx... im just wondering if the synth sounds are good enuff to justfy buying it... i know Stu Zender from jamiroquai used one for his synth sounds.

4. If you get lucky, you'll see one second hand. Ebay or the for sale forums here are probably your best bet.
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Yup, Deep Impact got discontinued a while back . Musicians Friend were blowing them out for $99 new at the time, now they're fetching over $200 on evilBay!

The ME-8b is one of those units that was good for the time, but it's pretty hissy and I didn't think the fx were that great. IIRC, it had one synth sound, so it's not nearly as flexible as the Deep Impact or the Korg G5 (also discontinued).

Those are really the only two out there that you can store several settings on.
  6. Discontinued, wow. Hope I diodn't have anything to do with that...:p (what an ego huh?)
    I read about a rather nifty and (relatively) EZ way to add "presets" to ANY pedal. You install banks of trimpots, a seperate bank for 4each preset, with a trimpot for each knob on yer box. Wire up some switch to flip between thebanks and ...volia'! I liked that idea.
  7. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA