Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

T. Miranda

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by emjazz, Sep 3, 2005.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Wow, sounds great! I wonder how it sounds with active electronics & other fx in front of it? I've been using a DLS chorus for a few years now with no complaints...

~S~

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just read a review on harmony central about the chorus pedal. I'm not usually moved by just one review but it tells me that I really need to check out this pedal. I was going to get the MXR chorus pedal but for $50 more I can get the T. Miranda. Gonna have to do some saving.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    the env filter sounds very nice, might have to give it a try.

Andy, have you also considered the analogman clone chorus?

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have. I'm curious about differences in chorus pedals at that level. How different are they? I do really like the look of the Analogman clone chorus. You don't happen to have any sound clips of yours do you David?

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, without using the miranda I can't really say how different / similar they are properly. The miranda sounds great for sure. I do have a clip of the analogman around somewhere, let me see if I can dig it up

7. I have some clips of bass through a small clone chorus that I built posted on my web site.
    http://www.moosapotamus.com/wavy/wavy.htm

That should give a good idea of how the analogman clone would sound, since it's basically the same circuit.

The Miranda chorus sounds really nice, too. Perhaps a tad brighter than clone. Tough choice, tho. :cool:

~ Charlie

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    WHOLLY S**T!!!!!!! :eek: The Dirty Bird is unreal to the Nth degree.......I've never heard sounds like that before! They immediately sparked ideas for tunes, and I mean jazz tunes with wild synth sounds. Listen, Charlie, we've gotta meet man. Do you know Rockcity Guitars in Somerville? Those are my buds. We should find a day to meet there. I've gotta try some of your creations. I havn't even gotten past the Wavy Gravy and the Dirty Bird yet........

9. Thank you much! :cool: Yeah, I know about Rockcity, but I've never been there before. I'm actually located just over the NH border, up I-93. But, I know they carry a lot of very cool stuff there. So, I would definately be into stopping down sometime. Shoot me a PM or email.

Right now, I'm in the process of ordering supplies to build a few more dirty birds. Unfortunately, I don't have a completed one in my hands right now. Probably will in the next couple of weeks, tho. I can definately let you know...

Thanks!
    ~ Charlie

10. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    dear lord i want a dirty bird...

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    :D

Charlie, I'm in New Hampshire myself but up 95. I'll email you soon. There's a couple of pedals on your site that I'm VERY interested in, including the Dirty Bird, the Buzzsaw and especially the Acoustic 360 bass pre. I can't believe you made a pedal version! :hyper: Instant Larry Graham. If you ever make a rack version the guys at Rockcity will freak out! They're all bass players and love the Acoustic 360 pre. If you ever decide to sell your pedals I'm sure they'd be very interested.

12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Have any of you guys tried the MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus?