1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

T-Rex Sweeper Bass Chorus Pedal - Make a difference?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by UnboundBassist, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I purchased a T-Rex Sweeper Bass Chorus effect for my board, and play an MXR bass envelope filter as well. When I first tested the T-Rex pedal, there was a noticeable difference in tone and the chorus effect was heavy. Now, the rate and depth dont seem to make much of a difference and it's not a super noticeable effect.

When I listen to this, I notice the effect much more than on my board...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQE19k8LI0

My question is - has anyone else used this pedal and noticed the same thing? Could the way I have it set up reduce the effect? What is a better chorus pedal to try?

Thank you! :help:

2. If you are looking for a thicker chorus effect, then you may want to check out the Boss CE-5 or the TC Carona Chorus. The Tech 21 Boost Chorus may be worth considering also.

3. It looks like the TC Corona Chorus is a bit more versatile than the Sweeper. It sounds like the effect has a more dramatic effect, and that's essentially what I am looking for in a chorus pedal.

4. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    i had this pedal and to me it sounded watery and quiet, turning the gain past half way distorts it

5. Yes, it definitely is quiet and I've had the same problem with the volume and gain. It was suggested that I play through the pedal and adjust the gain on the side of the pedal so that the red light is not lighting when playing. However, once I do that, the pedal is low and the effect minimal.

If anyone has had a different experience and likes these pedals im definitely looking to trade or sell.

6. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    the gain is just so sensitive on it, even with the volume at full it were still quiet, in my opinion you're better off getting something else

7. Thanks man, I think that's my plan. The TC Electronic Corona Chorus looks pretty promising. I'm going to look into that.
    The sweeper I have is a brand new pedal with original plastic, manual and box, so I'm sure someone will want to take it off my hands who likes this pedal.