1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T/S specs for a Peavey 1801-LT 4ohm?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by "Q", May 11, 2010.

1. "Q"

"Q"

Feb 9, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Mine is about 6 years old and Peaveys site isn't giving them up. They have the same model number but the speaker looks drastically different.

I may have to gig in a few weeks and I'm in the embarrassing situation of not having a rig to play through.

Right now I have it in a 29 X 29 X 16 sealed cab which actually sounds pretty good till you hit low E and then its about twice as loud.

If anyone has the specs or even an educated guess as to a correct volume it would be very much appreciated.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Have you tried phoning Peavey and asking for the specs?

3. "Q"

"Q"

Feb 9, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I've had less than spectacular customer service from peavey in the past so I would like to avoid that. So much so that I'm not sure I would even trust them if they gave it to me.

4. Rick Auricchio

[QUOTE="Q";9109914]I've had less than spectacular customer service from peavey in the past so I would like to avoid that. So much so that I'm not sure I would even trust them if they gave it to me.[/QUOTE]

Interesting paradox. You assume Peavey would gave out TS specs to someone else outside the company. But if you can't trust Peavey, then you can't trust the data they gave out to some other person.

Seriously, though, it's still worth asking them. The most likely situation is that they can't find any specs.

5. "Q"

"Q"

Feb 9, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    lol. it does sound funny if you think about it that way. What I meant though was I would trust an old spec sheet but not trust peavey to dig up an old one. Also many people have means to test woofers and get the specs that way too.

6. Rick Auricchio

Yeah, I know what you meant, just having some fun.

Bill Fitzmaurice might have some info. If you can post all the markings on the speaker, it will help.

7. "Q"

"Q"

Feb 9, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Well I was told it was an LT but it just says 1801 4 ohm on it. In addition on the cone I can make out 1004 and a part of a 2 or 8(maybe an omega symbol?). Also underneath that it has UK 2 1 on the cone.

When I ordered this from the store 2 months went by and come to find out it had never been ordered. But then they told me they could make one by using a 4 ohm cone. But, since this has a sticker that says 4 ohm on the basket that doesn't seem to be the case.

If had the cash, knowing what I know now, I'd just go out and get a basslite 15 or a 3015 but, I was a BW fanboy at the time... In the meantime I have to make this work somehow. :(