1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Talk Bass Digi Jam?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by unclejam, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Who's game?

I know that not all of you guys/gals just play bass.

heck if we do enough of them we could have album that could be sold in the TB store if thats cool with Paul.....

so Who's game?

the Process is simple you Write a part host it and one all of the parts for the session are complete it will be sent to someone for mastering.

Have At em!:bassist:

2. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    hmmm maybe, me and bloodfairy are contemplating a bass battle via 60 minute recordings and send it to each other on MSN.

3. come on i know out of 80000 summin posters only 2 persons is game for posibly the best album of the universe?

Whats wrong folks?

an album made by Bassist from all around the world?

and you don't want to be apart of it ok what ever floats your boats

4. Do you mean like this one?

[​IMG]

Vol. II would be cool though.

5. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    OK fine but those are prolly by professionals and really really advanced players. I say this one should be more on an amateur level and directed to us younger tber's who want to be heard. Also not a CD just somewhere to post tracks and maybe an online album that can be downloaded for free?

6. yeah but longer and better.
    Double disk maybe?

7. i like it lets do that.

cutoff age@ 21 no?

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    It's a compilation of songs written and performed by TBers just like you and me.
    Just a few of the submitting members:
    Matt Till
    Joe Nerve
    James Hart
    Tombowlus
    Embellisher
    Bryan R. Tyler
    davidmwilson

9. +1
    52 tunes in mp3 format.
    http://store.talkbass.com/CD_s_From_TalkBass_com_s/28.htm

10. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada

OK so does this mean we shouldn't do one for ourslves, just cause it's been done before?

And UJ 21 seems a bit low how bout 25?

11. No. As I stated in my original reply Vol II would be a good idea.
    The first vol. was in 2004, so why not.

Also, it was actually labeled Vol 1, so I assume there may have been plans on doing a second one.

The only thing I see is it would be a large undertaking. Submitting the songs is the easy part. Selecting, mastering, duplication and distribution is another story.

+1
    You would have to call it "When the Kid Talk Stops" :D

So lets get this started.

Who's up for it? Who's got the technology?

12. im game

technology wise i dont have the ability to make that studio made Ballsy sound for mastering

13. LzeroKI

LzeroKI

Dec 24, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    I really like the idea, then again Im an awful bassist. heheh

14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    IIRC, it was only open to submission my Supporting Members, wasn't it? Half the folks who are on Vol. 1 haven't been active on TB in quite a while, so I think a Vol. 2 would be a good idea.
    This was a little different than the idea from the OP, though. It seems that he intended that someone start a song idea, and others contribute to that song. The TB CD was a compilation of songs "donated" by TB members or their bands, meaning no "online jamming" as it seems the OP was intending.

15. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    see that's the thing I rather it not be a CD kinda thing the bar is too high I just think it would be fun to hear what all of us younger tbers have in terms of skill and just post a link to the recordings of your own material, no pressure. A lot of us don't have the best gear anyways so it won't sound "studio" quality and good enough to put on a CD. This should just be a fun jam and maybe put into a library as a referance to each tb'ers skill.

But of course this isn't only my decision. All IMO

16. Yes, then he stated "if there were enough there could be a CD sold at the TB store".

Except for the jam thing being a lengthy process, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Although doing enough of them to fill a double CD or fill a single CD with mp3's would take for ever and a day.

Any reason why it couldn't be both TB jams and originals submitted by TBer's.

I didn't know vol 1 was all supporting members, but I can guess on a few reasons why.

On a smaller scale this could be done online rather than making a CD. It would be a good testing ground for the jam thing as well. We would just have to find a site that could host the tunes, but my guess that kind of storage and bandwidth wont come cheap.

17. ok heres what ive been thinking

One
    hosting @ www.putfile.com
    free

second
    age limit is 25 and below

third
    there has been talks a bass offs if the average age of the involved contestants is equal to or below 25 its in
    also each contestant has the same amount of time(you an go under but not over[said time limit not set yet])

fourth
    ALL licks must be original.

fifth have fun

any more suggestions?

18. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Actually, no I won't instigate something.

I'll just kindly say that solo bass isn't my thing at all :). Don't believe in it.

19. who said you had to solo?

20. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    sweet UJ
    nice plan, I'll work on somethin