Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Talkbass for Guitar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by patrickj, Feb 10, 2006.

1. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Anyone have any good forum places like TB but for guitar? Simple google searches aren't turning up much useful ($$$ for online lessons, etc).

2. 4x4Given

4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Two I would recommend are:

www.thegearpage.net (geared more toward guitarists, but great for all musicians)

www.guitarbt.com (great site with TONS of backing tracks, free for D/L'ing)

Note GuitarBT (Backing Tracks) is GREAT for bassists and drummers. Why? Because without the guitars on the tracks you can REALLY hear what the bass and drums are doing. The "groove" comes into VERY sharp focus. I love the site.

3. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Best place I've found is www.ibreathemusic.com .

They don't want gear talk, only music talk (theory, practicing, songwriting... anything but gear).

4. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Awesome thanks!

5. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    www.fenderforum.com is a great forum, but as the address inplies it's mainly geared towards people who use Fender guirtars, basses and amps

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    a great resource i've found is the search feature

7. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
  8. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    The guitar-playing buddy of mine (who is the other half of the duo we are at the moment) is a member of this site.

www.shredzone.com

hope you enjoy

9. I wonder why no one has mentioned tabcrawler yet....

:D

Rock on
    Eric

10. I am a regular of the seymour duncan forums www.seymourduncan.com/forum

Pretty cool place...but its overwhelmed with a lot of blues and metal players, so sometimes it can be hard to talk music with some of them.

11. I like the Seymour Duncan forum, I also enjoy the Gear Page.

12. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Do guitar players know how to work a computer keyboard... or be able to spell? :D

13. Its wierd because we have talkbass which is a HUGE and very active forum and drums have drumdogs another HUGE and very active forum but guitar seems to have no dominant forum. I even did a google search for "guitar forum" and talkbass was on the first page! (well i guess because its a "bass guitar forum" but still....)