1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

talking bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by ariane, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ariane

ariane

May 17, 2005
    San Francisco Bay Area, Ca
    Endorsing Artist: Eden, Marleaux, Delano
    Hi, have been lurking and watching (and posting a little), but time to shout out an official hello. I am Ariane, an Austrian-turned Californian bassist. I play and teach, I love to tour (as a player or for teaching engagements), electric is my main axe, but also upright. I have done everything from African acoustic music to celtic Rock to Jazz to Mozart-on-Funk. I love eclectic styles and complex stuff, am into solo bass and pedals, but most of all I dig a good solid groove. Bass playing never gets boring to me. A big pocket always puts a smile on my face.
    i have had some incredible teachers (Steve Bailey, Victor Wooten, Chuck Rainey etc.) and feel very priviledged to have learned so much from them and others. I love teaching, too, I do rock camps and bass 1-on-1, or remote teaching etc. i have a book in the works as well as a solo album.

I love hanging out with other low-enders, so am looking forward to the groove round here. If all goes well my signature should display my websites and all that shaboodle. Befriend me, if you are on MySpace.

Groove on,
    Ariane

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    welcome!