1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tanaka shingo is a great bassist!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassWTZ, Mar 11, 2013.

1. bassWTZ

bassWTZ

Mar 11, 2013
  2. alcexhim

alcexhim

Apr 24, 2014
    Yes he is!! I first saw him perform as part of The 39s in 2010 (and the entire band is stellar—Abe Jun on keyboards, Kuroda Akitoshi on guitar, and Orita Shin on drums) and then discovered T-Square.

I think he plays alongside fellow bandmates from The 39s in some other venues as well. They (minus Orita Shin on drums) have also been performing with Japanese drummer girl Senri Kawaguchi, who is absolutely adorable and a real prodigy at drumming.

He goes by shingobass online, so if you look around you might find his twitter/blogs and stuff. I wish he had a Web site though (I know Abe Jun has one) that listed the equipment he used... He does this funky auto-wah effect that I think might be an MXR Bass Envelope Filter but I'm not quite sure :)

I just started taking up the bass myself, but I have studied piano/keyboard, guitar, and Zendrum before. I figured the bass was just like the guitar... but boy, was I mistaken! There's a lot of things I still need to learn...