Tascam 2488 24 track digital recorder w/ cd burner?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by HighwayOneJazz, Feb 19, 2006.

1. no replies? lol
    i'll post my review, in a few weeks. :cool:
  2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Sure, I have an opinion,

I would like one.

Everything that I have read about them is positive except (this is the only negative I have heard) the screen is too small.

How are YOU liking it?

Is it very intuitive?

3. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    The screen is small. The preamps are the weakest link. Not very intuitive. Not as bad as the Rolands though.
  4. review #1:
    so far we have found this recorder to be very useful. being relatively new to digital recording, everyday is a learning day.
    the small screen has not been a major issue, thus far. the sound quality is very nice. the on-board effects are easy to use, and sound good. we have recorded several songs, and
    added tracks to a few of them. this thing is a blast! more to follow... :cool:
  5. Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Anyone have any other thoughts on this recorder? I'm thinking of picking one up this month.
  6. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    When I decided to get into the digital thing, it was between Tascam (I own the TM D1000 Mixer, so I am "somewhat" familiar with 'em) and the Yamaha AW16G.....I am new to home recording so I took the "easy" way out and went with the Yammy....................I cannot judge the Tascam, but if it is at least as good as the Yamaha, you will enjoy it immensely.

I will say that looking at the screen, it wouldn't make me a happy camper.....I am into the bi-focal thing and I can't imagine having to squint continuously at that little thing....

I realize this does nothing to help , but what the hey....