Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB dread heads

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Dec 2, 2004.

1. SHOW YOUR LOCKS

btw way...

Me as a Pirate beats Hammer Brother

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Here I thought you were looking for fans of my old band in Indianapolis, j/k :D Old band name was Tyrant Dread

3. If this thread was made in the 80's then I would've shown you my dreads mind you I was a drummer back then but I only had my dreads for a couple of months
    Does that count ?
    Anyway I have short hair :bawl:

4. i was thiiiis close to getting dreads last year before i got my hair cut. tis a shame too, i woulda been a sexy mofo with dreads :D

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    i used to have plasti dreads!
    boys with dreads = the sex.

6. So, if I got dreads, would that make me dread sexy! :smug: Thank you! I'll be here all night... :p

:bag:

Leigh

7. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I hear ya... if this was around during the early 90's, I would have more to contribute than just a memory... Granted I had dreads for more than just a couple months... :D

If ma can learn to use the scanner they have, I'll have to get here to email me a pic to post.

8. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Me with my bike before I rode it to L.A last summer.

Marshall

Attached Files:

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    From oakland?

good job.

10. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Dude, you rode from Oakland to LA??? ***...

I've DRIVEN from the Bay to LA doin 85mph & I HATED it! But, that IS pretty damn impressive... You turning all Marshall Armstrong on us?

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I drove upto oakland this past summer, in a rickety, bumpy, uncomfortable, noisy, jeep with no stereo and a top speed of about 73 MPH. and I loved it!

12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Oh c'mon, you get to around Fresno, & its insanely boring...

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    There were moments when it was a bit on the boring side, but, on the whole, I enjoyed it a lot, mainly because it was my first ever 4+ hour solo drive, and also cause of the girl at the other end ;)

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Oooooooo... Ok... I understand...

15. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Well, technically, it was from San Francisco to LA. It was to raise money and awareness for AIDS...the route was about 600 miles and took a week! My sister did it as well. Randomly enough so did Tracy Chapman...

My knees were a bit messed up for a month or so (nothing too bad). But that's because I like to fly up hills Lance style and I should've been taking my time with lower gears.

Marshall

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  17. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Impressive; that was very honorable of you. Did you ride back?

18. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    No way! I returned home in an airplane, which made the ride look amazingly short.

Marshall

19. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I meant to put a smilie on the end, but forgot. I was partially thining i was going to get a response along the lines of "I ran to the ocean and swam back" or "Nope, I jogged carrying an anvil on my back" or something. But wow, 600 miles. I get exhausted on a 600 mile flight.