1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TB saxophonists

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cheesemonkey, Feb 16, 2008.

1. well the trombone thread which was a result of the euphonium thread made me decide to throw out a saxophone thread for us TB saxophonists

Once i find some pictures of me and my sax that arn't blured or taken in awful lighting i'll post em... anyone else have pics or their saxs or then playing... any contrabassists here btw?

2. i play sax but i don't own any(hopefully that will change in the future)

3. aye i don't own one i rent one and its a piece of crap... will be getting my first saxophone that i will own over the summer before i start highschool marching band

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I miss having a sax around... played mostly tenor and alto, but bari is hands down my favorite.

5. Tenor for the win!

I don't have any digital pictures of me with it though.

6. I had a Bass Sax for a bit. It was a Conn stencil built around 1917.
    Bass sax 1 small*.

7. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    l_e0c5b731ac09ca012eab592945a421c0.

yes, this picture would be better if I put a shirt on.

but hey, it's me, playing my knackered arbiter pro POS.

don't play her too much, i play double bass in county orchestra and county jazz band... and electric bass in the schools wind band. and I'm not pro enough to make it into sax quartet. so I occasionally jam on it in band prac.

keep meaning to start a soul band :bassist:

8. cool. Yeah i play an alto and sometimes tenor if my school band needs me to. Tried playing a bari one time just pulled it out of the instrument closet... not easy

9. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Hells yeah, sax is really my main instrument. I'm actually majoring in saxophone performance. I'm mainly a tenor man, I get out the alto sometimes for classical work.

photo-10.

Me playing with my university jazz ensemble.

10. aye i've been playin bass for a couple of months now but i've been playing saxophone for several years... awesome instrument

11. pro enough for quartet?? just gotta be able to read and tap your foot, mate. I played a little alto in Quartet, mostly bari tho.
    I basically have the four main members of the family, for the longest time i've been an alto/bari doubler (well........recently i've been, played a lot more bari earlier tho), and now my thing is tenor......THE RANGE IS SO EASY! and maybe one of these days i'll play soprano

12. what about contrabass? you ever gonna play one of them scorpion

13. lol I don't know, I've never seen a horn of that much dime. Bass sax is like fifteen to twenty grand.....contrabass must be what, like thirty to fifty grand? Played an instructor's bass sax for a large ensemble tho....

15. lol that's youtube tho. I'm talking real life. Besides....shouldn't contrabass be outworked by the tubax?

16. i know ... i still can't get over the fact their is a saxophone that big... and you play it with a neckstrap

17. that kid wasn't playing with a neckstrap! that things a neckbreaker! anyways lol i gotta run

18. playing strappless or with a strap both must be painful with that thing