1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tc electronic + markbass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lelilopez, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Lelilopez

Lelilopez

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey, i was wondering how does the tc electronic rh450 work combined with the markbass new york 151 cab. Is it a good combination? Or is it better to buy the same brand?

2. Lelilopez

Lelilopez

Oct 10, 2013
    Please answer!!

3. It should work fine. Hopefully you will like how it sounds

4. :D impatient

5. I haven't tried that particular cab, I'm afraid. But my RH450 sounds really good through the MB 121 (cab for the CMD121P combo)

I'm sure the cab you mention will be good.

I personally prefer the MarkBass amp 'though. I used the RH450 for 3 and a half years and recently moved to MarkBass. I find it punchier and nicer.

6. Lelilopez

Lelilopez

Oct 10, 2013
    Lol i'm anxious. I dont know what to buy!!!

7. Lelilopez

Lelilopez

Oct 10, 2013
    Thank you for answering. What im actually looking for is a good head amp with a light cab with good and clear sound. Something around 400w or 500w. What would you recommend me to buy with us$ 1500 or so? I wont be able to try the amps first!!

8. The MarkBass LM III would be my choice of head.
    The RH450 is nice too, and if having a good compressor, tuner, and presets on your head is important, then it's a good choice too. It also has a powerful EQ, although I rarely touched the preset centre frequencies, since it worked well as it came.
    But if you don't mind not having those things, I would go with the MarkBass.
    I have both, and both are very good, but I find the MarkBass has a nicer punchier sound.
    I use mostly a Stingray, and sometimes a Jazz (bridge pickup alone, usually, but the bass has a John East J-retro preamp which I use to fatten up the sound a bit), if that helps.

9. What I did was buy the CMD121P combo, which is essentially the LM head in a 1x12 cab, as that's a very portable and amazingly loud combo.
    As a stage monitor it's fantastic.
    When I want to make more noise, I add a second cab to it, in my case a Barefaced Compact 1x15, that gives a lot of extra volume and depth.
    In a way it's better, as in more versatile, to have a head and separate cabs, but I really like the CMD121P combo. I bring it to practice because it's easy to carry and sounds much better than the big Trace Elliot amps they have at our place... and volume is never an issue.

10. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    +1
    I A/Bed them before buying a second hand Markbass TA501.

I'm doing the exact opposite as the OP is planning, as I'm running my Markbass head through TC cabs (two RS210's). They are not as light as the Markbass equivalents, but they are still very transportable and sound better to my ear for less money.

11. +1 for LMIII. Light, punchy and tube-ish clear tone. I have Markbass NY604 cab to pair it with.

12. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    I quite liked the Markbass gesr I have played through, but a couple of things bothered me. One is that the piezo tweeters suck. The other is the low mid control on the LM is centered way too high for my liking.

Personally I would go for one of the heads with a semi-parametric eq. YMMV of course.