1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC RH 750 for upright?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Fred vd W, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    Hello everybody,

i'm new here on this great bass site, im a semi professional doubler bassplayer from the Netherlands. Are there bassplayers who are using the TC450 or 750 bassamp for uprightbass? i own the TC RH750 with the 2x10" vdKley and EBS Neo 1x12" cabinet i'm verg happy with! I played for 10 year Eden speakers maybay louder and lower but the bass didn't cut throw the mix. Sorry for my English...

best regards,
    F van de W
    the Netherlands

2. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High.

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Lookup GrowlerBox here. He runs an RH450 with his. I'd have one too with exception of this lousy economy. I have an NS-4T and have several basses I use but mostly my Pedulla PentaBuzz. The presets are ideal for doubling!

3. I use my RH450 for doubling. The presets with the footswitch are fantastic.

4. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    Thanks for your reply is a NS 4 T a EUB? i play an upright Victor Pawlovski and Fender jazz bass '69 and love to have a NS EUB ....

regards
    Fred vd W
    the Netherlands

5. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High.

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Yes it's the Ned Steinberger Design! I love it! 3/4 scale...my Wife thought I bought her a new Vacuum when I first got it!:oops:

6. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    dude dont get one. they sound horrible for upright. at very low volumes its nice, but the louder it gets the boxier and unnatural sounding it becomes. i have the rh450 and i have tweaked with the pre for 2 months and i have yet to get a sound i like....

7. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    Thanks for the advice, i think you're right! I play uprightbass and want a NS to save some space next to drummer....
    Just bring the upright and play live don't you think?

regards,

Fred vd W
    the Netherlands

8. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    Thanks for the advice, i think you're right! I play uprightbass and want a NS to save some space next to drummer....
    Just bring the upright and play live don't you think?

regards,

Fred vd W
    the Netherlands

9. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    thanks, so you play upright and electric bass with the RH 450? with the TC speakers?

regards,
    Fred vd W
    the Netherlands

10. funkyfretless

funkyfretless

Jan 15, 2006
    Atlanta, Ga
    its all good. i think it sounds good with electric... a little boomy in my opinion, but with acoustic bass it blows... it doesnt get loud at all and retain the sound of your bass.

11. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I had both the RH450 and RH750. Did not like either for electric or EUB.

12. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    Oke thanks for your answer, wich amp do you like for upright?

best regards,

Fred vd W
    the Netherlands

13. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Euphonic Audio, Walter Woods, or Acoustic Image. Can't go wrong with either of these.

14. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    Hello,
    you gave me advice not to buy the NS wave EUB what do you think about the Landscape standard avc EUB?($600,-used) is it worth it to buy? or is a real uprightbass always a winner in sound and handle?

I have a nice uprightbass (Victor Pawlovski) and a old Fender jazzbass or is it better to spent money for a good pickup? (Realist) a like a fretless also

thanks for your advice
    regards,

Fred vd W
    the Netherlands

15. Matthijs

Matthijs

Jul 3, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Hi Fred welcome on TB,

Never heard of the landscape, can't advise you there. Have a look at the NS NXT and NS WAV mega threads on this forum. They come up second hand quite often in the Netherlands and they're a reasonably cheap option.

Yes a real upright will always beat a EUB in sound and playability IMHO. With a good EUB the difference can be small, and a EUB has its own uses and practicalities.

Did you check out the Dutchies thread/club on TB? You're welcome to join!

16. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    thank you for your advice..
    great forum!

regards
    Fred vd W

17. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I'm gonna throw GK in the mix. Most of my gigs I use a GK MB150s. When I am doing festivals and I have backline to choose I go for the GK 800RB my favorite 4x10 on the list. They are not the most hifi I suppose I always get a sound I like without much fuss.

I have an AI and EA Wizzy 12M. It mostly collects dust except during summer festival season when backline isn't available.

18. Hi Fred,

Since you're dutch maybe the Hevos amps are something to consider.
    It's a dutch brand. I've got one and love it. Both electric and double bass sound really nice. They are not cheap but I think they are worth every euro.

I play with a real loud drummer and 9 other musicians and I always get away with it volume wise. Sound wise they just amplifie. really natural and woody although it also depends on wich pick-up you use.

Sorry about my English to maar ik vind het niet netjes om in het Nederlands te typen. Dan snapt niemand meer wat je zegt.

19. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    The new GK MB heads are really nice for doubling. Not expensive either. I would also agree with the above that the TC heads aren't ideal for Double Bass. Too much compression, although I really like them for electric.

20. Fred vd W

Fred vd W

Dec 29, 2011
    bedankt landgenoot voor je input!

Fred vd Wende