tech 21 amps and cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Sep 5, 2005.

1. jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    just was curious if anyone has tried there amps or cabs. remember seeing them before online and i just noticed them in some magazine recently, so i was wondering if anyone ones one or has tried one out? if so, then tell us about your experiance.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    your talking the tech 21 bass stuff? I love the RBI preamp, I've tried the landmark 300 (into 4ohms) and have heard someone play the 410 bass cab in a store, and I bought and tried the landmark 60 bass combo.

Quick synopsis:

RBI preamp: great flexibility, inexpensive for tone, can improve the sound of almost any rig or guitar. I use to use mine as a preamp bypass for my swr bass 350 head that I owned, now I have a stewart amp (see sig)

Landmark 300: good tone, might be underpowered for some cabs, heavy in my opinion here is a post of my review

410 bass cab: A friend from TB (Fishbulb) works at a music store and he played and compared the 410 tech21 with and eden 410xst and the tech 21 sounded better to me overall, it does have lower wattage rating than eden however, even though the tech 21 has no tweeter the upper mids seemed to come through quite well, harmonics etcetera. I recommend people look into trying one if they can.

landmark 60 combo (with the 12" speaker) I bought and tried the LM60 combo and was not happy with the volume, tone. with just the one 12" and 60w it was not loud enough or deep enough for my loud church gig. we generally have stage volumes about 100 dBc and it got lost pretty quickly. the LM60 has a RBI built in, but the speaker or box design left the unit sounding "boxy" or honky to me. I hate resonances and boomyness.

hope that helps

BTW I also recommend some of their Guitar pedals and combos for six string guitar. I actually own a TM60 two channel 60w amp. I think it sounds great, not tube great, but rich sound for solid state, very flexible. the GT2 pedal is great as are some of the other tech21 stuff hear some samples At the TECH21 website
  3. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    The Landmark 300 Head is superb but maybe a little light on power.... if you need VOLUME then the Landmark 600 is a better bet.

From both the 300 and the 600 you get an incredibly wide pallet of tones utilising the inbuilt BDDI and RPM pre-amps. You can even combine them to create your own personal monster tone! :bassist:

I haven't tried the cabs but the head sounds HUGE through my Mesa 2x15! :hyper:
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i am a really satisfied customer. i use a landmark 600 with a b410 cab. adding a second B410 cab could be a great move...
  5. I own a Tech 21 Sansamp RBI, B410, and B115. I use a QSC PLX1602 to power the two cabinets. The tone is really good, and the cabinets are fairly lightweight. In the practice room the cabinets are really loud. This Saturday will be my rig's first test in a live situation to see how it hold's up. My previous rig was an Ampeg SVT-CL and 810e.
  6. Ive heard a landmark 600 with ampeg 6x10 cab, sounded really good, altho i was later informed that it can sound a hell of alot better!

I thought it was the BDDI pre section not the RBI, never actually looked to see if it had a mid control or not