Tech 21 foot switch receiving no signal feed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Mackie, Dec 24, 2020.

1. The Mackie

The Mackie

Dec 24, 2020
    I just joined this forum and was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some information about a problem that just occurred in regards to my foot switch suddenly having absolutely no signal.
    I have a Landmark 300, which I run through a Furman AR-117 power conditioner, and have the AR3-B foot switch.
    I was running the Landmark via the preamp output jack to Logic Pro X through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen just to dial in a proper set of tones and had only had it in use for an hour or two before unplugging everything and shutting down shop for the night.
    The next afternoon I went to open up a previous recording session to overdub some DI bass tracks, and that’s when I was given that proverbially swift kick to the nuts, only to find that my foot switch was no longer lighting up and that now the only channel variance options afforded to me were through the front panel channel push button.
    I initially thought that maybe I hadn’t plugged in the cord to the rear foot switch input jack, but when I realized that wasn’t the case, that’s where the spiraling descent into disbelief, immediate troubleshooting 101 procedures ,OCD-style cable testing and making sure the input jacks weren’t loose came into play.
    But, alas here I am hoping someone may be able to offer up some insight, as to a possible tip for a DIY fix, or if there’s just something I may have overlooked and is a commonplace reason why the foot switch no longer works.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to offer up some advice. The last thing I want to do is have to hunt down a new one, but generally that’s how Murphy’s law seems to grind a fool down.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022