Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech 412 info please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thunderthief_29, Jan 28, 2006.

1. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    I've just sold my Marshall VBC 412, and its being taken tomorrow, Im now cab-less. With playing in a band, starting another one on Thursday and gigs coming up I cant be with out a cab.

I've seen one on the Gallery web side, in London Uk listed as a Tech 412, now I've spoken to Alex about it and he rates it as a solid decent cab. Now I cant find any info on the net about it at all.

Its supposed to have two forward facing 12" speakers and two internal down facing 12" speakers. Its lighter and smaller then my VBC was so it might what Im looking for.

Has anyone been into the Gallery and seen the cab or does anyone happen to know any more about it? I need to be ordering it on Monday, but its a bit of a leap of faith at the moment, Alex cant send any pics of it, so I havent even seen it!!!

Other than that, it might have to be either a Backline 410 and 115 or a warwick pro 410 and 115.

Mike

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    It may be an old style Tech Soundsystems 412, I think the old Tech cabs had some internal speakers. The new Tech gear is all forward facing, they are my favourite cabs in the world, pricey but so light, handle so much power (you could probably bridge most PA power amps into their 612 and it would laugh at your feeble attempts to destroy it) and lastly, they sound so damn good! I played an old Tech Graphic 1000 head through a Tech 212ND and a 210ND and it wiped the floor with everything, GK, Ampeg, Markbass, SWR, Warwick. It was just awesome, so loud, so articulate and so dynamic. Ok I'll shut up now but be assured, if the old Tech cabs are anything like the new ones, you really can not go wrong.

3. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    Thanks AJ*

I found some info a Tech Sound systems Classic 212. Which seems to be 1 12" speaker facing forward and 1 12" speakers internally facing downwards. So it could be that cabs big brother?

Cheers

Mike

4. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    Well I bought the cab. The actual model is a tech soundsystems CT 4000, its a 4x12", 2 facing forward and 2 angled 45degrees to the side. Its 400watts @ 8ohms and has a horn with volume control on the back. Sounds awesome. The big suprise is the size and weight, I actually managed to carry it up a flight of stairs unaided with no probs.

Heres a pic with the rest of my gear.

[​IMG]

5. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice rig Thunderthief,
    I've never seen that cab before. I bet it does sound killer.
    Dig the bass and the rack you've got too.
    Enjoy:bassist:

6. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    Thanks rayzak, it certainly does the job ;)

Mike

7. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Yeah, that was the cab I was thinking of, dunno how the old tech cabs compare to the new tech cabs but the new tech cabs are stupidly portable, light and compact. And that's a nice looking rig you have yourself there.

8. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    Well considering its a 412 its about 50 or so lbs lighter than the VBC I've just sold. Small aswell Its narrower than a normal 4x10 but a bit taller. And easy managed by one person. The horn really adds something that was missing with the VBC aswell, has a great slap tone.
    I might even keep my eyes out for another one for BIG gigs lol.

Mike