1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

texas legalized weed!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RichardWienerGuitars, Feb 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sure

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. nah fam

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. RichardWienerGuitars

RichardWienerGuitars

Apr 29, 2014
    i want to start by appologizing for my cussing in my previous forum. i didnt know it was against the talkbass rules and kind mods let me know about it. im sorry and it wont happen again.

I JUST HEARD THE GREAT NEWS FROM A FRIEND IN AUSTIN! texas finally legalized pot!!!!!! i think thats like most of the country now? the party is going to kick some serious butt (hopefully that isnt a cuss?)

if anyone in the bay area or on the way to texas i guess? wants a ride a buddy and i are taking the van for a road trip to austin for the long weekend. We leave friday night and will get back to bay area early tuesday morning. we have a place to stay in austin so you only have to chip in some gas money and drive part of the way.

also if anyone can hook us up with some gigs i'll give you a professional reference or recomendation or whatever you want

TOOL460002 likes this.
  2. Yes, Texas & those other states are definitely more than 50% of the population.
    o_O

PillO and seang15 like this.
  3. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    Do you have a source on this? Aside from your friend in Austin? Google didn't show any new results. And this is the first I've heard regarding this. I should add that I live in Texas.

Biggbass, Pacman and seang15 like this.
  4. The 60's called...

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Lame, let me know when they finally get around to legalizing meth like New Mexico did.

6. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Kinda doubt it.:beaver:

7. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    mmmmmmmm. Meeeeth.

[/homer voice]

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  8. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Haven't heard a word about it. Cite a source

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I think someone has started a rumor on the interwebz. And the pot heads had done falled for it. Put down the Funyuns and Google up some real news. I would hate for you to drive to Texas for a big party in the slammer. You may have fallen victim to some alternative facts.

(Incorrect grammar in this post was intentional.)

10. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Come to Nevada instead. :D

pacojas likes this.
  11. BD Jones

BD Jones

Jul 22, 2016
    Texas
    Ummm...no, we didn't sorry to burst your bong.

12. The current political establishment in Texas would never allow weed.

47th Street and GrooverMcTube like this.
  13. Leaving California for Texas is not how to get better weed. Staying in the bay area would work I think. Man its gonna be weird when drugs are next to the cigarettes and lottery tickets at 711. Very cool. Can't wait. But still weird. Heard CA is starting to issue permits in 2018, but I'm not 100% sure of the details. Heck it's basically legal here in Santa Cruz. Provides a lot of income for the city.

14. What we have here is a posterboy for recriminalisation.

twinjet, PillO, 47th Street and 3 others like this.
  15. Vomicamonster

Vomicamonster

Feb 6, 2017
    austin,tx
    Austin native. We're gonna be last in the union to legalize, my friend. Just stay on 6th street while you're blazing. No one really cares there. Anywhere else and the po-po's will getchya.

47th Street and bolophonic like this.
  16. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

nah brah, Sittin in Cali.. no fuss about fo da gaja mon.

17. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    We're going to have to provide a copy of this thread to the authorities when the missing persons cases get going, aren't we?

18. But stop in N.M. along the way.
    The only missing persons in this will be Cheech and Chong in a van trying to by pot at the 7-11 in Waco.
    (I only used Waco 'cause the wife has Fixer Upper on the tube... which is really a flat that has no tubes.)

19. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Mesquite has been legal in Texas for years. Y'all wouldn't be able to barbecue without it. Though I can understand your confusion about it, being an invasive species and all.
    Oh you meant brain barbeque, never mind.