1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thank You, TalkBassers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by circuitspore, Mar 13, 2013.

1. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    For being level-headed cool folks to virtually hang out with. I just went through a painfully, stupidly annoying mountain-out-of-a-molehill episode with the oddly bitter owner and some members of another (non-music-related) forum that I frequent.

Just made me appreciate the awesomeness of talkbass that much more. That is all!

2. Ha! I know what you mean by the non music related forums. Recently checked out a forum about building custom computers and it was a war zone in there fighting over some processor and somethin or other about resolution. I certainly see what you're sayin tho!

3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    You're welcome. I'm going to go ahead and take full credit for this.

Did I ever tell you about the time I had an onion tied to my belt?

It was the style at the time...

4. Sir, you just made my night! Hahahaha

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Other forums know TB dominates because we wear Abercrombie.

6. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Hey Mellowinman, lookin at your avatar, seems like there still is an onion around yer waist. Lol

7. That was back when there were Bee's on the nickles, right?
    "Gimme 5 bees for a quarter" you'd say. :D

8. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland

You have obviously never read through any slap, "pick v fingers", or modes, threads....have you ? :D :bag:

9. Jay2U

Jay2U Not as bad as he lóòks

Dec 7, 2010
    22 ft below sea level
    We even do celebrate so called ragequitters. That thread was truly epic. It all started with a picker who had convinced himself that all TalkBassists discriminate pick players...

10. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    You're welcome. :cool: :D

11. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Haha! It has been quite a while since I've participated in one of those.

12. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Or anything about what can be labeled as Jazz;)

13. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    The problem with most forums is that so many participants REALLY think everyone should agree with them. Me? I could care less. It seems to be a trait with bass players. We're just used to dealing with the egos of imbeciles. We smile, get our point across and move on.

14. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You must have it tied in the back, cause your butt is makin me cry......:bawl:

15. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You're wrong.

:ninja:

16. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    Oh Yeah? Do I now have to hunt you down and make you pay? :ninja:

17. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You know, we have some "spirited" discussion here. But you're right. It rarely breaks down to simple name calling or really immature stuff. I frequent a couple of electronics forums as well. Boy does EVERYONE on those forums think they are the end all be all of electronics knowledge. And every single thread breaks down into a totally unrelated debate over one word in a poster's sentence that had nothing to do with the OP. I really enjoy even the people with whom I disagree here. And even if I come across and ticked off every now and then, I assure you I am not. I just have a sarcastic writing style. It sometimes doesn't translate well.

Either way, glad you enjoy it here as well. I know I do.

18. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Bass players are some of the coolest people on the planet, period!!!

19. So what's the best forum for metal?

20. Mike in Chicago

Mike in Chicago Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    I'm glad I know zero about electronics. This site has helped me out with lots of tech stuff.

BTW...what are the best strings for shoegaze/psychofunk/trash/buttmunch/lithium/singledownstroke/mental?