Thanking you!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by lubao, Aug 11, 2005.

1. lubao

lubao Guest

Aug 6, 2005
    NSW, Australia
    :cool: Hello! I have been an unregistered reader of this great forum for a few weeks, I think it's time for me to post this thank you letter, mostly to the DB bass forum for providing me and many others with much insight, priceless information and entertainment THANKING YOU ALL :) from the bottom of my heart! :hyper:

MY story so far...I have been anticipating to purchase my first DB for many months now, started just reading as much info from the newbies thread regarding purchasing my first DB! I basically narrowed my choices to three entry level DB, all chinese made, firstly a very cheap China DB outfit, this one is the bottom of the range, I couldn't believe the action on this thing! BUT without the info that I've gathered from the forums here, my local music dude would have suckered me into buying one! Phew, you guys it was just too nasty! The second is a Stentor hybrid also a student entry outfit, and the last one is a Hofner hybrid which is only a few hundred dollars more than the Stentor...With many sleepless night tossing and turning I went for the Hofner...solid spruce top laminated maple side and back, I think that I've made the right decision...BUT let me tell you guys, without the thread and all the heart breaking stories that I've read the last few weeks about CdB's, I would have easily forked out some cheap ass dollar for some cheap ass db...and probably beat my head with a cheap ass bow later on, don't get me wrong here, Iam no Ritchie rich I did save for this baby, BUT the temptation to go for the nasties, mainly due to a few hundred bucks difference, was also very thank you all for sharing your experiences, guidance and wisdom...I can't wait to get me paws on the Hofner in a few days time.

all the best.
  2. Welcome to TalkBass Lubao!

I'd like to add my thanks to this thread as well.

I too was in the grips of a Double Bass frenzy, made worse by the acquisition of a credit card.

Luckily, the more senior members of this forum ( especially Polly Woolburner ) talked me out of buying a BSO (Bass Shaped Object).

All hail TB!

-Daniel Y
  3. Izzat me? Must be, you mentioned senior!
    My pleasure Daniel, and i'm sure I speak for my colleagues as well.
    Welcome to TBDB, lubao.....