1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

thanks to the forum

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by smallmouth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. smallmouth

smallmouth

Jul 4, 2007
    I am a beginning bass player ( 1 year) and play with a forgiving swing band. Our PA system didn't do much for the bass so I visited this site to learn what i could about amplification. I've played Bari Sax, so it was previously not much of an issue. So much good advice and so many opinions! I learned enough to look around, but ended up being referred to a store that carried the AI gear. I ended up buying a Clarus II with a 2 x 8 Reazors Edge Cabinet. This set up had gotten some nice reviews. A great surprise was that the keyboard player(that is why I got the II) says the keyboard has never sounded as good as it does through this rig and others agree.The bass seems to do nicely through it as well, though I am not an expert. I use a full circle pick-up on a hybrid bass. Thanks for the help, now, is there any way to go out and buy the ability to play in positions 4 and 5 :) ?
    smallmouth

2. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    Baritone sax is a way cool instrument. Neat that you can double.

I used to play a bass trombone (a.k.a. slush pump), but usually I try to cover up that aspect of my musical background.

I had not heard much about the 2x8 from Raezors Edge either. Interesting.

Welcome.

3. I'm also a recovering swing band trombone player (and guitar and Bass Guitar) but nothing satisfies like upright bass. I always thought folks took up sax if they couldn't master trombone.

4. That's a sweet set up. When I taste tested some small rigs a few years back I liked the Clarus/Raezers Edge set up better than the Contra.

Get your trombone fix at funderbone.com . Some very nice solo, duo and quintet (trombone quintets samples are on the charts for sale page) trombone stuff (as well as some bass guitar :p by myself on the Ficciones clips).

Joe

5. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    Don't need no trombone fix Joe. Sold my horn to a buddy o' mine in 1984 and never looked back.

Durn spit valve.