1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

That's it, I'm done.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    While looking over a record deal and 2 tour offers, something occurred to me: I don't want to do this anymore. I've had a GREAT time and made some great friends, famous and not so famous, but I don't want the hassle and grind of touring and putting together bands, rehearsing, or any of that. I'm over it. I'll still record and do a local gig or two, but outside of that, I'm finished. I've got a good job, I enrolled in Hampton University to finish my degree, my youngest goes off to college next year, so I'm going to spend more time enjoying my life and family.

Also, I've got 2 novels that I need to finish, and I'm enjoying writing much more than I am playing rockstar and grinding it out as a muso. I've been doing music since I was 16, and touring and recording since I was 22, and I'm over it now. So over it. I'll be holding on to my 75 reissue and practice amp. Everything else, I'm getting rid of. I started feeling this way about 2 months ago, and now that I've admitted it to myself, I feel MUCH better. I had a good run. A really good run! I'm in a happy place now. For all of you still are still doing it, or beginning to do it, MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL THAT YOU CAN FROM IT, because you will definitely leave something! And if you don't love it, don't force it. Cheers, fellow lowenders.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Don't be a stranger to the forums at least, eh? :)

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Good for you.

While I never had a huge amount of success, I did have enough to leave me satisfied. I figure that I can brag a little bit and have some very fond memories and stories, but at this stage of my life I don't think you could pay me enough to do it all again. It was fun for a while but when it got old, it got old in a big big way.
    There are certain aspects that I miss, but I'm also quite content with my life as it is right now.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Please do. I am enjoying your first offering so far.

-Mike

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Thanks! :cool: I must admit though, writing novels is an involved process!

6. All the best in your endeavours, I certainly couldn't take one of my favourite hobbies and turn it into work!

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Can I have your gig?

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Excellent. Congrats.

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm happy for you man! Chase your joy!

10. deaf pea

deaf pea

Mar 24, 2005
    Cuernavaca 1 hr S Mexico City
    Seymour Duncan/Basslines SMB-5A Endorsing Artist
    Good for YOU . . .

as for ME, I still enjoy giging once in a while . . . and the giging that I do do fills me with pride . . . so it's all good . . . :cool: . . .

good luck . . .

11. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1 (with correction ;)). Best of luck!

12. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    What?

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Good luck selling your novels.

Seriously, the publishing industry is having a real hard time of things lately, and you're going to need it.

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Tell me about! I'm not planning to do it to pay my bills.

15. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I hear ya, bud. Working on my MS made me realize I really don't want to do biology for the rest of my life so I'm in the process of changing gears.

Good luck with the novels!

16. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    you've had such a prolific career, compared to most of us. It seems like a shame that your "voice" will essentially be silenced now. I'm happy for you. But tell me this, aren't you feeling a tremendous sense of loss over this decision ? either way, best of luck to you brother !

17. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Ah, so you're turning into those guys that we always hear about on TB--the ones that ruin it for all the people trying to make money because they're willing to do it for free.
    :ninja:

:p

Just playin' with ya, dude. You seem happy and content with getting out of the game at this stage, and that's an admirable and enviable situation to be in.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

19. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Gopher fork?

OP - whenever you feel overwhelmed, always remember gopher forks. It really really works

20. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Or woodchuck fork?

EDIT: nevermind, I get it now.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021